My baby girl has ben pecked on

mommasgirls

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 3, 2013
I have 4 buff orpingtions and one black sex link (hens) Seems like the the BO decided to pick on baby girl and now she has a huge bare patch on her back. It happened just a few hours before they went in to settle down for the night. We are in the midst of Iowa and 0 weather with snow but they insist on going out and all still lay daily. There isnt any dirt at the moment to really speak of but they do have roomto roam. Help?!?!

How old is the baby??? It is not wise to put chicks in with older hens until they are at least 8 to 12 weeks old.
You might want to consider getting her a chicken saddle.

This happens often as it sometimes doesn't mater how much
or how little room your have but you might want to separate
for a week or so and try to reintroduce them
cool.png

It could be a space problem or the bird is just too young. BOs are pretty docile and space typically won't bug them. I put baby girl in a isolation cage for a little bit either to neck heals or 10-12 weeks.

Our black sex link is bare back again. I don't have feathers anywhere and everybody gets along great so I'm thinking she is picking and eating her own
1f616.png

Poor things I thing they've gone daft in the head! Maybe the spring will finally come and straighten them out

Back
Top Bottom