My baby has sore on swollen anklešŸ˜¢

That is so awesome you got it out. Check again in a couple of days and make sure there isn't any more infection but it sounds like you got it all.

I am very sorry for your and husband's situation, It's wonderful when family can step up and help. I hope things begin to look up for you both real soon. :hugs

That is so awesome you got it out. Check again in a couple of days and make sure there isn't any more infection but it sounds like you got it all.

I am very sorry for your and husband's situation, It's wonderful when family can step up and help. I hope things begin to look up for you both real soon. :hugs
Thank you miss Lydia. What about the white stuff in the bottom of the hole? Is it OK to leave that?

Oh!!! So glad to hear the good news. She'll definitely be on the mend, now. Keep us posted! I'd love to see how it heals up.
I'll definitely keep yall posted. I'd love to see how it heals up too. Hope it doesn't take long. I can't stand for my babies to feel pain. It hurts me too. And this duck imparticular. She is my baby. I don't know what I'd do if something were to happen to her. I'd lose it. šŸ„ŗ of it wasn't for this web page, and miss Lydia, who has helped me on numerous occasions, I don't know what I would have done. Google will only help so much. I'd much rather have experienced help anyway. Thank yall so so much for all your advice. Miss Lydia, they have a special place I'm heaven for you. You will have your own office, in charge of animals that come in. You are awesome and I thank any and all higher powers out there for you daily. My flock means everything to me. Some days, it's the only thing that keeps me going, especially the pekin, Ms. McPoodles which is the one with the really bad bumblefoot we just removed.

I'd go every other day on the bandage. That way you can keep an eye on it better. I think I would let a scab form before letting her bathe once the scab is on it may soften but as long as she nor anyone else messes with it it should be fine. Can you post a picture of the hole they usually grow a scab pretty quick.

Never apologize for asking questions.

Sorry for the really late reply, my phone was broken and just got a replacement. Ms McPoodles bumble healed up very well, thanks to y'all. And because of the awful bumble, she is now a house duck. She was raised inside for the first 6 months of her life, and we thought she would be better off and happier outside with some friends. She was for a while, but she started to seem withdrawn after a year or so, and every time I would bring her in for some reason or nother, she would perk up and seem so happy. When this last horrible bumble happened, husband broke down and said she could stay in. šŸ˜. He loves her. He might not say it out loud, but he does. She seems happy and doesn't really seem to care about outside and being a "real duck" as he calls it. So as bad as something may seem, it all happens for a reason. ā˜ŗļøšŸ¦¢. @BarnyardChaos @Miss Lydia

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240317-154925.png
    Screenshot_20240317-154925.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
So happy to hear she is healed and all is well. nothing wrong with having a house duck if she is happy being one. But she will need some sunlight to help regulate her egg laying and Vitamin D. I would give her oyster shell also for hard egg shells.

So happy to hear she is healed and all is well. nothing wrong with having a house duck if she is happy being one. But she will need some sunlight to help regulate her egg laying and Vitamin D. I would give her oyster shell also for hard egg shells.
She lays in the sun spot on the floor at the front door. Is that enough sunlight? Or should I take her outside some? What are the best treats, in y'all's experience, for a house duck? I feed her the 16% layer feed that the ones outside eat. She gets blueberries, tomato's, cabbage, and she sneaks into the dog food bowl every chance she gets, even though she's not supposed to.

She lays in the sun spot on the floor at the front door. Is that enough sunlight? Or should I take her outside some? What are the best treats, in y'all's experience, for a house duck? I feed her the 16% layer feed that the ones outside eat. She gets blueberries, tomato's, cabbage, and she sneaks into the dog food bowl every chance she gets, even though she's not supposed to.
Oh yeah, and peas of course. She didn't like the strawberries. And cherries were a hard no.

Back
Top Bottom