My baby is sick.. HELP!

a mixture of black oil sunflower seeds and oats in the morning. sometimes I have extra eggs so I make a scramble for them. or banana's. recently I read to give her plain greek yogurt so I gave her a dip from my finger and she ate it.
Is that her normal, everyday diet?
I'm sorry to say that that it an awful diet, get her on pelleted or crumble chicken feed asap and cut out the eggs.
That diet is very high in fat and incredibly low on protein and generally nutrition.

a mixture of black oil sunflower seeds and oats in the morning. sometimes I have extra eggs so I make a scramble for them. or banana's. recently I read to give her plain greek yogurt so I gave her a dip from my finger and she ate it.
Do they have normal chicken feed as well?
Do they free range during the day?

She just sleeps though. I feel her bones and crop and then sharp bone in the throat area. I've looked at the vent it looks fine (I could be completely incorrect).Could it just be due to Molting? I haven't seen any more feathers out. But there are wrapped feathers all over.

She just sleeps though. I feel her bones and crop and then sharp bone in the throat area. I've looked at the vent it looks fine (I could be completely incorrect).Could it just be due to Molting? I haven't seen any more feathers out. But there are wrapped feathers all over.
Moulting is hard for the birds and chickens can lose up to one third of their body weight while going through it.

I've never really dewormed, so I'm not sure if I have or not? Should I be taking her to the vet? I've called around. It's 125 for a fecal float test.

A possible worm load can leave them even more emaciated and deprived of nutrients.

I would just skip the fecal test and deworm her using Flubenole 5% or Fenbendazole.

Moulting is hard for the birds and chickens can lose up to one third of their body weight while going through it.

A possible worm load can leave them even more emaciated and deprived of nutrients.

I would just skip the fecal test and deworm her using Flubenole 5% or Fenbendazole.
Where would I find that? Is it OTC or prescribed?

Back
Top Bottom