My baby is sick.. HELP!

CHSchxLady

Chirping
Dec 25, 2020
I'm not sure what the issue is, but my sweet girl has been doing this for a week or two. She has been isolating herself, sticking only by me. I leave the garage open, and she goes into a dark corner where there is a mirror on the ground and she stands next to it and just stays there just about all day. She'll eat but she drinks more. Her poops are watery, sometimes you can tell it's food, sometimes it's all liquid. She hasn't been laying in a while. Her breast bone sticks out so much. She does pick at herself so I know that's probably molting but what about everything else? I remember like a week or two ago she had I think either thrown up water or it came from her nose, but to my knowledge it hasn't happened since.... PLEASE HELP!!! The rest of the girls seem fine. They all do have some pants but when I notice it, they're usually laying eggs.

I've added probiotic to their waterers. A combination of DE, garlic powder, pepper flakes, cinnamon, thyme, rosemary to their feed. There is oyster shells next to their feed.
I keep their coop fairly clean, usually scooping poops out every other day if not everyday, keeping plenty of airflow in and out of the coop.

Attachments

• IMG_4558.jpeg
    IMG_4558.jpeg
    901.2 KB · Views: 164
I'm not sure what the issue is, but my sweet girl has been doing this for a week or two. She has been isolating herself, sticking only by me. I leave the garage open, and she goes into a dark corner where there is a mirror on the ground and she stands next to it and just stays there just about all day. She'll eat but she drinks more. Her poops are watery, sometimes you can tell it's food, sometimes it's all liquid. She hasn't been laying in a while. Her breast bone sticks out so much. She does pick at herself so I know that's probably molting but what about everything else? I remember like a week or two ago she had I think either thrown up water or it came from her nose, but to my knowledge it hasn't happened since.... PLEASE HELP!!! The rest of the girls seem fine. They all do have some pants but when I notice it, they're usually laying eggs.

I've added probiotic to their waterers. A combination of DE, garlic powder, pepper flakes, cinnamon, thyme, rosemary to their feed. There is oyster shells next to their feed.
I keep their coop fairly clean, usually scooping poops out every other day if not everyday, keeping plenty of airflow in and out of the coop.
There looks to be undigested food in her dropping, does she have access to granite grit free choice?

There are 6 total, 5 of them just turned 1 in April. the other is about 4 or 5 years old.
I've never really dewormed, so I'm not sure if I have or not? Should I be taking her to the vet? I've called around. It's 125 for a fecal float test. I bought Corid but I'm not going to give it to her if that's not the issue. IDK what to do.

she follows me around constantly, and always wants to be held. when she's alone she finds the darkest corner. when I hold her she fights being around light. Should I be worried?!?!

And What's their diet?
Any recent worming?
a mixture of black oil sunflower seeds and oats in the morning. sometimes I have extra eggs so I make a scramble for them. or banana's. recently I read to give her plain greek yogurt so I gave her a dip from my finger and she ate it.

Back
Top Bottom