My baby was attacked

My_babies2023

Hatching
Sep 18, 2023
I was gone from home and was called that one of my ducks was acting weird upon further inspection I found that she has a giant hole in her side and it's really bad. Like I can see her bone bad.

She is drinking and standing and talks a bit but I don't know what to do

I've been giving her antiseptic ointments and I washed the wound and I brought her inside along with her friend

I just need to know if it is possible she will survive because I don't want to put her through all of this if it's just going to draw out her suffering .

I'll add photo if I can figure it out

Here is the wound

Attachments

• 20230918_192515.jpg
    20230918_192515.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 17
I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow, I've been disinfecting and cleaning it since it happened,its starting to look a bit better and it seems like the feathers are growing back already which i might need to trim. I just hope all goes well. The whole bone situation is throwing me off but I think it just looks worse than it actually is. She is eating and drinking a good ammount so that is good.

Something that does worry me though is that her poops start out brown and of normal texture but over time the begin to have this white fuzziness on it, might just be me overworring

Attachments

• 20230920_002827.jpg
    20230920_002827.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom