My bad luck continues!!!

Ace_king_brahma

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
Castroville, Texas
I was really hoping for things to settle down around my place but no such luck! I won't be having a Christmas goose as I had been planning before. I just got the call a little while ago that Welp had very poor hatch rates on this...their last batch of goslings for the year! My order went from 10 goslings to 4! They will be sending me my 2 Embden and 2 Toulouse. I was willing to eat one since I would have had 13 goslings but now I will only have 7. I still might eat one if I get two males of either breed.

My 8 BBW turkey poults came in and one has leg problems and if it doesn't improve by tomorrow morning I will be ending the poor thing's suffering.

Thanks. Poor little poult didn't pull through and passed away overnight in a way it was better I wasn't looking forward to having to cull him.

My goslings came in and I have now toulouse and embdens. Or I should just say Embdens... both Toulouse are males. SO looks like Christmas goose is still on the menu.

Quote:
So sorry for the little one. It does make it easier when they pass on their own. I just HATE haveing to "do the deed"
At least....you WILL have a Christmas goose!
wink.png

Geese can be hard to hatch. I can understand the shortage this late in the season. But what a downer for you and your eatin' plans. When they get to you the more yellow ones are usually the males in embdens. Darker grey down the back indicates females. Take photos. I wanna see.

Ok here's some pics of the little guys.

They've been trying to eat each others beaks since they got here.
HPNX1030.jpg

I vent sexed the toulouse and both are males. So the best one will wind up part of the flock and the other will be dinner.
HPNX1031.jpg

I could not get them to sit still very active little ones.
HPNX1049.jpg

This little one kept trying to eat my old flyers.
HPNX1044.jpg

Trying again.
embden1.jpg

I think I read that they can be sexed by color. If they are both females I will have to find a male embden next season. I will have to get a female toulouse. I really should have sexed my african but it is too big now to do it easily.

Back
Top Bottom