My beautiful Frack is sick/injured? Can't hold head up. Update: Happy ending to this story!!!!

I'm having the same problem with my 4 week old astrolorp. Any help out there? And where can I view the awnsers? My member name of Mskluck

My rooster Napoleon had this same problem. One night i was watching a movie and so i went to bed late. He had frostibite and slept in the basement when it was too cold outside. I went to check on him before i went to sleep and his head was hanging down. I thought he was preening his chest feathers, but something didn't look right. I pet him, he lost his balance, and flipped over off the roosting bar. I took him out of his box and put him on the floor. His head was hanging down and he had terrible balance. When i put him back in the box on the floor, he laid down with his head tucked under him. I texted my vet some pictures and she said that he probably wouldn't make it through the night, but she could at least come and give him some painkiller. she came and examined him. She said he would probably be all right. The frostbitten wattles were so heavy that she thought that they were giving him neck pain. he got painkiller, went back in his box. For several nights after that, he did the same thing. Finally, he was back to normal, frostbite gone, and a happy rooster. I'm still not sure that the frostbite was the cause, but I'm happy he's all right! i don't know what could be causing this in your hen. Hope she gets better.

Back
Top Bottom