My beautiful Joseph just died in my arms and it was my fault.

hugs.gif

I'm so sorry that you and your girls lost your Joseph. It sounds like he was well-loved and that it truly was a freak accident that he passed in this way. Our silkie used to jump out of our hands from that height just to strut around a few moments, and then wait to be picked up again. He always took a jump from that height well, and if you think about birds coming off the roost, bad landings occur and they are fine. It was his time to go, and it was not your fault. I hope you feel better soon.

So sorry.Accident's do happen sadly.I have stepped on a bantam once and so has DH.My daughter accidently backed over a young Jersey gaint too.Sound's like it may have had a prior problem.Even silkie's and the like can land safely from several feet.Sound's like to me maybe he hit head on something and well sadly maybe broke neck
idunno.gif
.Chicken's can be coherient and active even after head trauma.I have been there trust me.I wouldn't blame yourself at all.I know it will take time to get over him.There is another roo out there waiting for the apparent love you gave this one.Truely so sorry for your loss. Hugggzzz.

Back
Top Bottom