My bobs will be hatching in 11 Days!

thumbsup.gif
woot.gif

13 bobwhites so far with one more zipped and one pipped. So a possible 15 out of 19 so far. One is splayed and one can't walk at all tho so I hope the next two are in tip top shape because i know the one that can't walk will surely die. The splay legged one is doing better tho. I put a piece of rubber shelf stuff with traction on it on the bottom of the brooder for him and its helping him keep his legs under him better. got 23 Conturnix hatched I think they are still going too.

Hello!

The first thing I ever hatched in my incubator was Bobwhite quails. It was very cool. It's amazing how they zip so perfectly, and it's like the eggs have a little flip-top opening! And at first the little quails remind me of little baby mice for some reason....Maybe because they are so tiny.

I had one that had crooked feet, and the next day, it was fine! I guess that worked itself out. I don't have them now because I'm more of a chicken person, but it was really interesting.

Good luck with yours,
Sharon

Thanks sharon, I have hatched all kinds of stuff and lots of conturnix quail but these are my first bobs. Here is the weird thing. Everybody said they would be more spooky then the counturnix but I have my Day old conturnix in one brooder box and my bobs in the brooder next to them and the baby bobs actually follow my hand around and try to snuggle with it while the conturnix scatter like flies when you put your hand down there. Weird!

THERES ABOUT A 48-72 HR TRANSITION PERIOD WHERE THEY GO FROM "MOMMY I LOVE YOU" TO OMG!!!! THE FEED MONSTER'S COMING!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! AAAAAAAAA
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom