My boyfriend on silkies...

85560_imag0039.jpg

YOU CANNOT RESIST ME!!!

I have never been a silkie fan. Stupid looking chickens. Like toilet brushes with legs. All the pictures in all the world couldn't convince me they were cute.

And then my friend hatched some.... and one of them is SO cute. I think one needs to see them animated, actually walking around, not just in two-dimensional photographs.

However, I still don't want to get any. I'm just admitting that my friend's silkies are cute, and one is particularly adorable.

Last edited:
Quote:
Ranchland, that looks like something my boyfriend would set up to try to fool me!

When I first looked after Silkies I thought they were the stupidest looking things. Not like a MANLY chicken at all. Now all I want to do is cuddle one. I guess I'm clucky!
big_smile.png

Honestly part of me wishes I still had them after visiting them today. But it's cold here and they'd need special space. To many other things going on. Maybe in the future.

I only have them for broodies. They are horrible at laying and they lay underneath the roosts and get pooed on by other chickens then I have to wash 6 Silkies almost every 2-3 days.

They aren't friendly at all and they get stepped on the other chickens all the time.

Quote:
Ranchy, I want to thank you. I was in the store the other day with DD and just busted up laughing. Laughing so hard I had tears, doubled over the works. People staring and asking if I was ok. DD asked what was wrong and since I couldn't talk I just handed her a box of dusters. She remembered your pic and said " mom it looked nothing like Widget". I laughed harder.

Now stop making fun of my silkies.
gig.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom