My "broiler" chickens -pics-

Quote:
We have friends with a daughter named Jordan but they call her Jorgee all the time.
smile.png

Quote:
Aw, I agree! It's like George from Nancy Drew
big_smile.png

I had a he that was supposed to be a she that was named Franco back when we thought he was a she, so it ended up fitting
lol.png

Raroo, I am so glad I came across this post. I also have meat chicks that are just about 8 weeks old. I have been using a different attack on their weight issue. Instead of the food and water being near eachother, they are far apart, otherwise the little boogers would not move but an inch to eat and drink.

Thanks for the aspirin idea, I will be watching for the signs.

lol.png
I'm glad George's name is getting so much support! LOL but she is not very ladylike I must say, she is more like a big clumsy toddler but I love her to death! Greta is the more refined lady, a delicate and picky eater and very proper with her white petticoats.

Well, raising them as pets until I see how many Rooster I have. To many Roosters and some have to go in the freezer. That is the hard part of chickens for me. I have a guy that processes them for me, Thank God, because I would not be able to do that part myself.

I had a Meat bird before that I got as a baby and the guy did not tell me what it was - 4 months later I found him feet up.
hit.gif
I was in tears and had no clue what happened to him until a neighbor came over and told me. I always thought he was way to big for himself.

That's so sad about finding your bird feet up. I can feel just how heartbroken I would be if I walked in and found my big sweeties dead. Even though they are healthy, I'm still paranoid that it will happen anyway.
I can imagine that it would be hard to process. I plan on raising a dual purpose flock myself one day soon, and I know it won't be easy, especially at first. However, I want to be self sufficient, that's our ultimate goal, and I want to take responsibility for eating meat, and eating meat that was healthy and happy. But I've already told my fiance that we're going to have to take the birds in to be processed at first. I think the first step will be actually eating something I raised myself, and then I'll be able to wrap my head around "doing the deed".

He looks just like the one I bought that is now deceased. I was sad,
hit.gif
because he was the neatest. I could hold him, carry him and he would come up to me. He was just way to big for himself I guess. Which is why I am keeping my youngins on an exercise program.
big_smile.png
Food one end, water the other.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom