1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Buff has a slice & swollen ear lobe???? Can you guide me?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by happyhappy, Sep 24, 2010.

1. happyhappy

happyhappy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Napa, CA
    Just noticed her quiteness yesterday, laying down, first one to bed - here goes. She has a slice behind her ear which is swollen not so bad but... her eyes seems bright as well as her comb & waddles feel this just happened, the rest of her seems fine. But she is not the quiet type, she may have done this of some screen when diging in the compost pile.

Do I clean it with water and put some neosporin on it????? Should I give her some B vitamin for poults. Don't feel she needs to be separated at this point.

Thank you in advance!

2. roosters4sale

roosters4sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    missouri
    Hi. Use furazolidone (Furall). Its a topical antibacterial for wounds and sores. Its about $9. Neosporin is good also.

3. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    Wash with lukewarm water, and some dish soap. Afterward, you should coat it with the Neosporin or some Polysporin. Be sure you keep her away from the other birds, because they might peck the wound and make it a lot worse. WHen It's all healed up, you can place her back in the run with the others.

Best wishes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by