1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Call Ducks Placed 1st at County Fair

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Scott, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Scott

Scott Ozark Bantams

Apr 11, 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    Our local county fair kicked off earlier this week. In addition to all the arts and crafts exhibits, the fair featured a livestock and poultry exhibition. I don’t generally raise chickens for show or competition; however, I do work toward conforming our hobby flock of black cochin bantams to “type” (i.e. breed characteristics). As such, I decided to enter a pair of our cochin bantams, as well as a pair of call ducks, in this year’s county fair. To my pleasure and surprise, our white call duck pair won 1st Place in the Duck Class and our cochin bantam pair won 2nd Place in the Exotic Poultry Class. Needless to say, I was very pleased with how are birds placed and with the feedback generated by our birds. Just thought I'd share...

[​IMG]

2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Grats! [​IMG]

3. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    [​IMG] Congratulations! Looks like your hard work is paying off; I think your Cochins are beautiful!

4. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Awesome! How many birds were in their classes? [​IMG]

5. tallieb

tallieb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Arizona
    Congrats!!! [​IMG]

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Great job [​IMG]

7. Scott

Scott Ozark Bantams

Apr 11, 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    Thanks everyone. I was certainly pleased. If any of you have bantam ducks, you may want to check out the link in my signature line.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by