My cat caught a baby bird Help!

Not far from us is a "colony" where people dump cats and other people come every afternoon to feed them. They have sort of taken over a county park. Nothing good can come from this.

Wow... a lot of cat haters here huh? Most people whose houses reeks don't know how to clean/care for a cat properly. I've had cats my while life; along with birds, bunnies and dogs. I will honestly say, I much prefer cats to dogs. Cats are cleaner and deter imsects and rodents from living in your house. Also, toxoplasmosis occurs through fecal contact... yes, it is a problem when there are house cats on the loose, but not all cats kill just for the heck of it. They will usually eat what they kill. Feral cat colonies are also quite beneficial for the community and anyone raising livestock. They kill rats. Enough said there.

Thank you for trying to save the baby bird, so sorry that it didn't make it, but that's the way life goes. 18yrs of animal rescue teaches you that much lol. And for those that think just because it's their first time they'll mess up: Mistakes are how we learn. And there's no guarantee that people will fail. If something needs help and if it's within your capabilities, do it! :)

I'm sorry for your loss. :hugs
In bird heaven he's probably thinking, "I would've died a lot more painfully if it wasn't for that kind girl that saved me."
I had to save a baby seagull from an empty old building yesterday. We found a male and female seagull and two other babies in a nest on top of the building next to it, so I released him under it. (thankfully he had enough feathers to fly up to his nest)
❤️
Thank you @Fwoof! Wow that's amazing!

Back
Top Bottom