My Cat is innocent!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Spires6, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Spires6

Spires6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Ohio
    Well, my husband and I suspected our barn kitty, Gemma, of possibly killing chickens. She kept going in the coop at night and we would find her eating dead chickens in the morning. So I locked her up in a pet carrier in the barn last night and went to bed sad wondering what to do with the little serial killer kitty. This morning we found one of our BLRW roosters dead in the coop. So it's not Gemma. Glad it's not her. She's been a really nice cat otherwise. So back to the coons and what to do. Our plan: To nail boards over the spaces under the eaves of the coop (only way anything could be getting in) and my oldest son is going to stay up with his 22 and try to ambush the predators. Hope we can put a stop to the chicken killing.

2. Lesa

Lesa Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Glad it wasn't the cat! If the cat can in the coop, when it is closed up, so can anything else!! If you need those openings for ventilation, I recommend hardware cloth. Good luck!

3. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

i reccamend checking for any spaces that animals can get through, and plenty of .22 ammo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by