My chick order with McMurray Hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by magoochie, Jan 18, 2011.

1. magoochie

magoochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    Grantsburg, WI
    I just placed my first chick order with McMurray Hatchery. I have never ordered from them before. The woman on the phone was very nice, and the ordering process went smoothly.

I ordered the following: (all straight run)

5 Turkens
    6 Araucanas
    5 Buff Orpingtons
    4 Partridge Cochins
    5 Light Brahmas

Has anyone ordered these breeds from McMurray before? How did they arrive? Are the healthy and good layers?

They should be here sometime between Feb 6-8th. I cant wait!

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I have had the bantam araucanas and the bantam partridge cochins from McMurray before- and I was pleased.

The araucanas I did keep until they started laying- they laid well. I sold the others before they started laying.

My hubby wanted to switch to large fowl mostly.

I have been very happy with McMurray- I have an order placed with them now.

3. Higins00

Higins00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Ct
    I have ameraucana's (EE) from McMurray and a brahmas. Good natured and good layers healthy as can be. I also have marans, partridge rock, ancona, and several other breeds from them that are great. I have ordered there 3 times and only had one chick DOA. They always send an extra to make up for it too. The only trouble I have had is with Ideal. Good luck!

4. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    I've always had good luck with MM's birds. Had their BO's a number of years ago and they laid well and were good birds. I also have been buying EE's on and off from them for the last 25 yrs with good results. My biggest disappointment was last spring when I bought half a dozen straight-run EE's and only got one rooster--I actually wanted more. He's a nice bird though, very gentle, a real gentleman. See below.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by