My chick was born very weak…how can I help it

Yanisay

Chirping
Mar 20, 2022
one of my chicks hatched at a horrible hatchery with bad humidity.. they let her hatch outside an incubator at a terrible cold condition …she was very weak in her first day and she wouldn’t eat….I didn’t mind that since lots of chicks need time to balance and wont need to eat anyways,but today I realized she had curved feet and worse than that she kept falling over with terrible balance and she was very weak and almost dying,how can I help her get better and get her balance back?please answer me.

Last edited:
Is she drinking?
No, I force her to eat and drink but her beak is too small I don’t think any of the food gets in her mouth at all,shes 4 days old now and she didnt eat anythin…what should I do?please help she’ll die at any momen:(

Last edited:
one of my chicks hatched at a horrible hatchery with bad humidity.. they let her hatch outside an incubator at a terrible cold condition …she was very weak in her first day and she wouldn’t eat….I didn’t mind that since lots of chicks need time to balance and wont need to eat anyways,but today I realized she had curved feet and worse than that she kept falling over with terrible balance and she was very weak and almost dying,how can I help her get better and get her balance back?please answer me.
Humidity issues are not good. Chicks can develop incorrectly.
Can you get a photo of her feet please?

Humidity issues are not good. Chicks can develop incorrectly.
Can you get a photo of her feet please?
her feet is better and almost healed,it’s just that she’s very sick and unbalance,she isnt eating or drinking I’m trying to force her to eat and drink but her beak is too small,my theory is that she’s not eating because of her bad balance,can you help me with her balacne?someone told me to put her in a sock,what should I do

her feet is better and almost healed,it’s just that she’s very sick and unbalance,she isnt eating or drinking I’m trying to force her to eat and drink but her beak is too small,my theory is that she’s not eating because of her bad balance,can you help me with her balacne?someone told me to put her in a sock,what should I do
She’s likely not able to balance because she has issues, isn’t eating, and is very weak.
What temperature is the brooder she’s in?

I
She’s likely not able to balance because she has issues, isn’t eating, and is very weak.
What temperature is the brooder she’s in?
m afraid I don’t know… I live somewhere far and can’t exactly put a lightbulb in her coop because of lack of electricit,,but I did put a heater near her which she seems to enjoy it,it’s the hatcherie’s fault she’s like that I can’t do anything with it I treated her curved foot and I’m seeing some progres,her foot isn’t as curved as it was before,I hope when her foot completly heals she will get her balance back

You can put some molasses in her water and lift her up and tip her beak in it and she will drink what gets on her beak. Then mix some egg yolk with chick crumble and a little warm water to make a mash and dip her beak in that too. You might have to do this for a while every few minutes. Also the temp she needs at this point is around 95 degrees (probably higher actually given the cold start).

I

m afraid I don’t know… I live somewhere far and can’t exactly put a lightbulb in her coop because of lack of electricit,,but I did put a heater near her which she seems to enjoy it,it’s the hatcherie’s fault she’s like that I can’t do anything with it I treated her curved foot and I’m seeing some progres,her foot isn’t as curved as it was before,I hope when her foot completly heals she will get her balance back
I’m sorry, what is your situation? A hatchery?
She really needs to be in the right environment to recover.

I’m sorry, what is your situation? A hatchery?
She really needs to be in the right environment to recover.
She is in a fine inviroment I think I mean I give her sugar water and egg yolk and shes in a good temperature(I can tell if she’s cold or not)it’s her balance no mater what I do I can’t get her balance back…I’m so worried about her :( Should I try putting her in a sock?

Back
Top Bottom