My chicken ate glass

chickpeasoup

Chirping
Mar 27, 2019
Southern California
The title says it all, my hen ate a piece of glass that was a bit larger than a pomegranate seed. I don't know what to do other than just wait. I have since put all my chickens in their coop/run and they will no longer free range until I look over my yard in case of any other pieces of glass. So far my hen is acting completely fine, however some time ago she had blood in her poop and I think this was why. My neighbors throw parties and get drunk and throw their bottles into my yard. I'm pretty livid they have put my girls in danger, but I don't know what to do about my hen. What can I do for her? Is there anything I can do?

I don't know about you hen, so sorry I can't help there. Hope she is OK!
If someone were throwing bottles or any other trash into my yard on a regular basis, I think I would ask the police to have a conversation with them. That is so disrespectful and endangers your pets. IMHO

i would wait it out and see if she gets any worse- like not eating or drinking, if she gets lethargic, etc. my hens have eaten plastic, earrings, and even whole mice without any ill effects so i'm hoping your hen will be okay. chickens can be crazy but for the most part they're very resistant to things like this. if she had blood in her poop i would definitely say this is why, but since she isn't acting hurt or sick i'd assume she's doing pretty well. hope this helps!

I don't know about you hen, so sorry I can't help there. Hope she is OK!
If someone were throwing bottles or any other trash into my yard on a regular basis, I think I would ask the police to have a conversation with them. That is so disrespectful and endangers your pets. IMHO
I'm pretty upset about the whole thing, glass bottles is a recent thing, but they used to dump their grease from their grill into our yard, which my dog would eat and get sick. After they had been talked to about it they stopped but this is just so dangerous. I try to solve things without police if its nonviolent... but this is just reckless.

I'm pretty upset about the whole thing, glass bottles is a recent thing, but they used to dump their grease from their grill into our yard, which my dog would eat and get sick. After they had been talked to about it they stopped but this is just so dangerous. I try to solve things without police if its nonviolent... but this is just reckless.
I almost didn't post, but just couldn't believe someone would do this to a neighbor! And couldn't think of how else to get these people to understand that this is a major problem, besides just being rude neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom