My chicken ate what?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by bubblesegg, Oct 27, 2010.

1. bubblesegg

bubblesegg Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2010
    Caifornia
    One time one of my chickens ate a FROG!!! [​IMG] I lifted up a rock and my chicken saw it and ate half of the darn thing! [​IMG] then one of my jersey giant ate the other half of a mouse that my cat left behind. i was so mad at them!! [​IMG] so tell me what weird thing your chicken ate.

2. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    Mine like goat organs, and blood. Whenever I am butchering anything, I have a ring of chickens practically licking their beaks in anticipation, they will eat every scrap of anything that comes out of the inside of a goat!

3. HorizonSon

HorizonSon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Pacific NW
    Waaait? Huh? I missed something; why were you mad???

4. Tdub4chiks

Tdub4chiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Constantia, NY
    You butchered a goat? Why?

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I WANT my chickens to eat the mice who have taken up residence in little nooks and crannies; one is living in the walls of the plastic, Little Tikes playhouse used as one of the coops. The girls seem to have made a pet of it.

The cats can't keep up with the new mice population because they can't get into the little spaces those mice can manage.

6. HorizonSon

HorizonSon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Pacific NW
    Quote:For the same reason you would butcher a chicken (and then some). [​IMG]

7. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Styrofoam -- they won't eat pumpkin, but they sure gobble up styrofoam. [​IMG]

Jenny

8. shortstaque

shortstaque Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Bucks County, PA
    Yesterday my Speckled Sussex ate a garter snake. She pecked it to death first, ran around excitedly to make the other 22 ran after her, then ate it with her back to them. Whole thing down the hatch at once, as if it were just a big worm or something. [​IMG] It was about 10-12 inches long.

9. ZombieChickens

ZombieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

One day I was walking across my yard and a little mole ran right in front of me. I did a fake, high-pitched "girl scream" for the amusement of my husband and the guys working on our deck. Scared the mole right into the coop. End of the mole and my story. Sorry little mole...... [​IMG]

10. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    A lot of styrofom is now made of corn starch. If you get it wet it will just desolve. Or be eaten by the animals. My cat Loves the stuff!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by