My chicken day... How was yours?

I REALLY DID NOT WANT A ROOSTER! But, now I LOVE him!! He did his first crow New Year's Eve day. Now, whenever I go into the coop-no matter what time, he greets me with a crow! I tell him how great he is, my RIR Rudy, and I think he thinks he's great too!!
I had a very short chicken day. Had to shop, and be to work today at 1:30. Filled the water and feeder, gave them a treat, and out the door to work. I have the day off tomorrow, hopefully I can spend time cleaning perches (fun, fun, fun!!) and do some other coop stuff.

I wish one of my girls would do that for me. That is sort of wierd but it would make me happy. I think the most I've done today was clean my big girls coop.

We just had some quality chicken time. I cleaned the coop and freshened up the litter. Then I started turning the compost pile and the girls went crazy eating the red wigglers. They were so sweet making their content little clucking sounds. After that we turned over a section of the garden and the girls went to town on all the earth worms. Chickens are so much fun. My eggs are going to be extra rich for the next few days!

Wouldn't they have a resistance to this stuff since they free range all the time? I imagine they they eat a lot of worms out there in the garden.

there are always new strains of parasites.. you never know...
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom