My chicken has a problem and it won’t go away

I did have a hen who had a line that sounds similar to what you are describing and it wasn't bad at all. Hopefully it is harmless but pictures are the only way we are able to figure out
I am trying to get the bumblefoot taken care of but I am going to have to see a vet. I would take a razor and slice their foot open and not give a damn but my mother almost faints at the sight of blood and she has to hold them while I do it. I am only going to take the one with a slightly swollen bottom pad, Persephone, and maybe my oldest, grandmama, if her foot doesn’t go down. The others beside one or two have the black scabs and one duck but they have had them for a long time before they started giving us trouble so I am only going to take the ones that need to go and if more start to swell or become inflamed then they will go to. I love my birds but it is so hard to keep bumblefoot out when they walk around in rain and snow for months.

I am trying to get the bumblefoot taken care of but I am going to have to see a vet. I would take a razor and slice their foot open and not give a damn but my mother almost faints at the sight of blood and she has to hold them while I do it. I am only going to take the one with a slightly swollen bottom pad, Persephone, and maybe my oldest, grandmama, if her foot doesn’t go down. The others beside one or two have the black scabs and one duck but they have had them for a long time before they started giving us trouble so I am only going to take the ones that need to go and if more start to swell or become inflamed then they will go to. I love my birds but it is so hard to keep bumblefoot out when they walk around in rain and snow for months.
Btw banana is doing better now that the big lump of pus is out . There is still more in there and I am opening it everyday to get out the extra chunks but she hasn’t swollen back up again like she usually does.

Oh, :( :( sorry about the incident you should let her rest and check on her
I have been trying to keep her away from the other chickens so she has been sleeping in a dog crate inside. Now I am worried about when she goes back in because the oldest, grandmama, she grew up with her but they are by far the most dominant and she went in her pen for a few hours when gran got hurt and they wouldn’t stop attacking each other. I opened up bananas scab and got some more small pus chucks out, though.

Back
Top Bottom