My Chicken has been laying everyday. I believe she is a black sex link. How long can this go on? 6 straight days since she started laying.

Coopmeister1

In the Brooder
May 17, 2020
20200807_153749.jpg
20200802_192504.jpg

Congratulations on your super egg laying chicken! It is varies with each breed but also varies per bird. Sex links do lay well. I had a Leghorn that hardly ever skipped a day. Once the fall/winter time comes they go in a molt and their bodies rejuvenate and they start all over. You have a breed that will supply you well!

Congratulations on your super egg leading chicken! It is varies with each bed but also varies per bird. Sex links so lay well. I had a Leghorn that hardly ever skipped a day. Once the fall/winter time comes they go in a molt and their bodies rejuvenate and they start all over. You have a breed that will supply you well!
Congratulations on your super egg laying chicken! It is varies with each breed but also varies per bird. Sex links do lay well. I had a Leghorn that hardly ever skipped a day. Once the fall/winter time comes they go in a molt and their bodies rejuvenate and they start all over. You have a breed that will supply you well!
That's cool. I was also wondering. She has eaten medicated feed mixed in with non medicated feed since I've had her. I stopped feeding her the medicated about a week ago. My question is, are her eggs safe to eat? If they aren't would it be ok for my chickens to eat those egg? Thanks for the quick reply btw

That's cool. I was also wondering. She has eaten medicated feed mixed in with non medicated feed since I've had her. I stopped feeding her the medicated about a week ago. My question is, are her eggs safe to eat? If they aren't would it be ok for my chickens to eat those egg? Thanks for the quick reply btw
The FDA says it is safe to consume an egg laid by a chicken that are medicated feed. If you don't feel comfortable, I would let the chickens eat them. Amprollium (in medicated feed) isn't an antibiotic. It is a thiamine blocker. It prevents chicks from getting coccidiosis-it doesn't kill the coccidiosis

What exactly is the medication?
If it's Amprolium you can eat them.
It's a very debatable subject whether to use the eggs or not, that's why I quoted the FDA. I myself had so many reactions to medications that I'm very careful what medications, vitamins and food additives I put in my mouth. Both directly and indirectly. I have even read what chemicals are used to make drugs because they can indirectly affect you. But many people don't have the problems I do and would eat them.

Back
Top Bottom