My chicken has passes a large lump [graphic pics]

I butchered an old Leghorn that had a very large mass in her oviduct composed of the same tissue/contents. I would agree with Speckledhen that this is an internal layer that actually expelled the layers of egg tissue. My gal had stopped laying but prior to that she had irregular ovulation and very, very large eggs. Her growth was large enough to fill the palm of my hand and it was oval in shape.

I would say your hen will have more problems of this nature.

My friends who know little about chickens (like me prior to this summer) would completely swear off any further knowledge once they saw these pictures. I should bookmark that link for future "gross outs" at family gatherings...

Blimey, yukk! Poor chickens.
I have found something else this morning a egg that has not formed properly and looks like the inners have been sucked out and is quite solid. It reminds me of a dried prune. I am pretty sure it was from her as it came from where she sleeps. Perhaps things will start sorting themselves out in her body now, hopefully
smile.png

Most people think it is easy keeping chickens like just feeding/watering and collecting eggs but don't be fooled it can be heart breaking if you get too attached when problems occure.
Quote:

Can someone please tell me how to upload pictures properly. I would love to show you what the vet took out of my girl last month. It was utterly amazing and gross all in one.

I have uploaded the image to the uploads and also tried through Photobucket but can't get the picture to appear on here at all. It only has the link but no way to press on it and access the picture.

Please help me someone

thanks

Quote:
Ugh! I'm never having chicken cordon bleu again. And it will be a while before I have another grilled ham & swiss. Except now I'm hungry. And shocked at myself for being hungry.

Anyway, that UK thread mentioned that these "lashes" as they call them tend to happen at the end or the beginning of the laying age. Can anyone corroborate that hypothesis?

Back
Top Bottom