My chicken has passes a large lump [graphic pics]

I agree with this statement, looks like a diseased tumor of some sort or an egg yolk that decided to stay in there and it would get coated with tissues and all the goody stuff on it, layer by layer.

That sounds more like it layer after layer of actual cooked meat/fat/egg. Worried about the fatty tube that was coming out of it though as I would have thought that was probably connected to something else which was feeding this thing. Thanks guys.
wink.png

Alien or what!!!
She is still okay any changes I will let you know.
Thanks BeccaBOO about the smilies got it
thumbsup.gif

The tube-looking thingie may be where the 'tumor' grew down the oviduct and when the 'tumor' was passed it just peeled out of the oviduct leaving a 'casing' of sorts. If the hen passed it out of the cloaca then there are only 2 places it could have come from - the digestive tract or the reproductive tract. since she wasn't laying I'd guess it was a blockage of the reproductive tract but as far as what it is I'm just not sure.
hu.gif

That is egg material that was in her oviducts. I see it all the time with internal layers. Looks like she passed it, which is great. I have three dying of internal laying now and have already lost seven to it. No prevention, no cure, very common, really, especially in hatchery stock.

Quote:
That was my thought, too. She was blocked up, it kept building up and building up on there attempting to form an egg. Glad she passed it.

I had a hen that passed the same thing last week. I'm not sure which hen did it, but do have a Isa Brown that only lays soft shelled or no shell eggs, so I think it's her. She seems fine, tho. Grossed me out, totally.

Back
Top Bottom