My chicken has runny poo, tail down, weak, please help.

she just leaked out some more stuff, which looks like egg yolk and white, so now im worried the egg broke inside her. im also worrriede tha shw has a piece of shell sticking out of her vent. PLZ HELP!

i am almost 100% sure she is egg bound because it looks like she is leaking out egg yolk and white, and it looks like broken shell is sticking out her vent. the stuff was coming out of her vent, and it was coming out her vent a couple days ago too. if this is a broken egg, it needs to be cleared fast, please help!!!!!!!!!

Oil two fingers with KY jelly, olive oil, or vegetable oil. Gently, VERY gently insert one finger into the vent away from the shell you can see and press down. You're trying to open the vent a little so you can get hold of the broken shell and remove it without cutting her. Let me know if you're successful.

If you can't get hold of the broken shell, use that eye dropper to squirt some mineral oil, KY jelly, olive oil into her vent. Give her Pedialyte. Make sure she's dry. Give her the shot of Tylan. Broken eggs cause serious infection. She needs that. After you've done all that, put her in her box in a quiet, dimly lit or dark place and let her rest for awhile. The bath and the oil inside her vent may help her to pass the broken shell on her own.

can we let her get some sleep and do it tomorrow or do we need to do it now? i used the medicine plunger to get probably 10 Ml if PED. into her, and we put a little tiny bit of the medicine in one of the plunges so she got some like was said in one of the first posts.

If you can see that shell, I would recommend trying to remove it now. If she's still leaking egg yolk and white, skip putting the mineral oil inside the vent. Instead, use lukewarm to cool (not cold) water and shoot about 3 or 4 droppers full inside her vent. The water may help her to pass all that egg and shell out. Then settle her in for a little rest.

we are not completely sure its shell, we just think it is. might it be a prolapsed uterus? its just a little piece sticking out. looking at other pics it doesnt look as bad as a pic i saw of a prolapsed uterus

Back
Top Bottom