My Chicken Has Worms - Please Help

Just saw this.

I used Valbazen dewormer, it is very gentle which I like.

It is on the pricier side for my flock, but I can use it in a few years as well.

This is the one I bought, which is technically for goats but can also be used for poultry. There might be smaller bottles somewhere, but this was what they had at my local feedstore. I think it was about 60 dollars for the bottle. It has a LOT more than I needed to deworm my flock.
View attachment 2767383
I purchased it from a local feedstore but I think you can get it online, too. It’s also at tractor supply, I think.

The dosage is 0.08 ml per pound of body weight, averaging about 1/2 ml for the average 5/6 pound chicken. I hope this helps!
TYSM!

DE is a good anti-clumping agent for food and is said to be good to put in the coop and bedding for lice, mites, etc but not for intestinal parasites.
Dont waste your money on DE. Use Permethrin dust or the 10% liquid Permethrin as a premise spray for external parasites. It has a 28 day residual.

Just saw this.

It is on the pricier side for my flock, but I can use it in a few years as well.

This is the one I bought, which is technically for goats but can also be used for poultry. There might be smaller bottles somewhere, but this was what they had at my local feedstore. I think it was about 60 dollars for the bottle. It has a LOT more than I needed to deworm my flock.
View attachment 2767383
I purchased it from a local feedstore but I think you can get it online, too. It’s also at tractor supply, I think.

The dosage is 0.08 ml per pound of body weight, averaging about 1/2 ml for the average 5/6 pound chicken. I hope this helps!
One more thing

Just saw this.

View attachment 2767383

OK one more thing! I bought it but I am nervous as I have not seen the evidence of the worms myself. My 22-year-old daughter and friend said they saw something that looked like a Small white worms and it was for sure. If I use this and they don’t have worms is it harmful

OK one more thing! I bought it but I am nervous as I have not seen the evidence of the worms myself. My 22-year-old daughter and friend said they saw something that looked like a Small white worms and it was for sure. If I use this and they don’t have worms is it harmful
OK and a little more than just one more thing… So every day for five days and then again in 10 days from the fifth day?

"Safe"Guard. Like the name implies; Safeguard is a very safe wormer to use, you have nothing to worry about. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom