My chicken is walking funny

OK ... still no change at all bit overall h seems to be content...No others are doing what he is doing... although I am still babying him. I think he likes it. And thats ok :)

Well the last 2 days he seems worse. The top of his feet were bleeding..not anymore and he got stuck under a perch ladder with his wings out. I just dont know what to do with him, All i want to do is right by him.....

I have a silver lakenvelder that has the same symptoms..I’ve posted her story on this page as well..there is a lot of advice that might help you. My hen is still not walking right..she walks 10 steps and sits down. She is quite spoiled but currently sick with IB:( she has had a rough start in her 7 months. Good luck with yours.

Sorry that he or she is worse. Have you been using vitamins, and if so, what kind? Does one leg seem numb or paralyzed? Is there swelling or redness of the hock joint in either leg? It looks a bit more like Mareks in the video, but that can only be anccurately diagnosed after death with a necropsy. There is a good BYC thread called "The Great Big Giant Mareks Faq," if you Google it.

Believe it or not the past 2 days he/she has been better... when I come in with snacks he gets up to come get some too.. and when the cockerel trys to um mate with him he stands up and gets him off.. also I let them out supervised everyday and I had been carrying him out .. last 2 days he has been coming out with the rest....he is obviously deformed .. and one leg is fatter then the other... Here are 2 photos from yesterday
20171105_132242.jpg
20171107_112923.jpg
20171105_132242.jpg 20171107_112923.jpg 20171105_132242.jpg 20171107_112923.jpg

Back
Top Bottom