My chicken sang the egg song!

Cute mama2molly. It probably won't be long. Seems like the more you are expecting it the slower it goes huh? Ours that started laying on Friday laid Saturday then took Sunday off and I checked on them seriously every hour yesterday and nothing. By like 5 pm I gave up hope that she'd lay and then my son went out to check on her about 7pm and what do you know he found her egg.

Cute mama2molly. It probably won't be long. Seems like the more you are expecting it the slower it goes huh? Ours that started laying on Friday laid Saturday then took Sunday off and I checked on them seriously every hour yesterday and nothing. By like 5 pm I gave up hope that she'd lay and then my son went out to check on her about 7pm and what do you know he found her egg.
Ha that's funny! It feels like our chickens will take a long time till they start laying!

My girls were squatting and singing for weeks before they started laying. I was searching everyday for eggs, but nothing until this Tuesday....finally!! They're waddles and combs have to be very red and need to fill out before they lay also......good luck. Mine are about 30 weeks old!

Here is my first layer.

Egg song? What is the egg song, I never heard of that. If mine sang it then I missed it because I found 4 eggs today. Time for me to start checking everyday.

My Peaches sang for the first time today. Waiting and watching. It's like the first baby steps for my children.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom