My chicken sang the egg song!

I think the egg song is hard wired and they have to sing it.
My Golden Comet Gloria is on her 4th egg.
After laying she goes to the feeder and tries to eat but can't stop singing.
Ends up half choking singing & eating at the same time. And I can't stop laughing.
lau.gif

Maybe it takes a while for them to get excited about what just happened with their bodies or maybe some are afraid to start the chorus lol. I have 4 laying now and this morning I heard the most enthusiastic egg song I've ever heard! It went on for at least 10 minutes with at least 6 different voices :) I had two of my girls trying to share a nest box this morning for the first time (so cute to see lol) so maybe the company induced the singing, idk. But I loved it :)

I have two red stars and two barred rocks. All are 17 weeks today. My reds have been squatting for about and week, and one of them (Penny) was determined to climb into the strawberry bed today, no matter what I did to keep her out. I have chicken wire around it and they usually leave it alone. I finally put her back in the pen (they roam the yard during the day). She immediately went into the corner of the coop and started pulling bedding around herself. About an hour later, we had our first egg! No songs, she was very quiet about the whole thing.

Quote:
Be careful what you wish for ... ;-) Some days I wish one of my hens in partcular would tone it down a bit - she is LOUD, and carries on for quite a while.

I got a dozen chicks two days after easter, an Indian runner and rouen duckling.I got six Ameraucanas, two RIRS, two Barred Rocks, and two light Brahmas. The town died, then we got two fawn runners, and one died. The ams turned out beutiful, two reds, a white one with an orange chest and wings and normal colored legs, a brown one with grey feathers mixed in and then a black one with dark brown feather and an orangeish-brown neck. And a white one w/blue legs. Something (guessing a coon) got the two red and the white/orange ams and a rock, and then later, it got a brahma, and messed up it's back end and we had to shoot it. Then the nesting box fell and killed a RIR, and crippled the fawn runner -_-. Now, our remaining seven are 16 weeks! O.O Still waiting for an egg!

My RI is 20 weeks and has been laying for 1 month. I have 3 Whiterocks and they are @ 22 weeks and have not layed yet. But they've been singing for weeks. How much longer?
They are so funny. When the RI GOES IN HER BOX. They all gather around to watch her. & we narrate for them ;) wow do you think that we will do that someday???? Do ya do ya

Back
Top Bottom