my chicken seems to have problem breathing.

Amirabbas

Chirping
Apr 17, 2020
here's a video of her.
I gave her some vitamins (B complex, C, multi-vitamin) and also some Azithromycin tablet pieces. but am I giving her the right meds?
I also don't know what causes this, can someone also tell me in what condition a chicken gets this disease?

She has some rales or crackles which is moisture in her airways. It could be from fluid coming back up into the airway from the crop, or more common a symptom of mucus from a respiratory infection. Does she sneeze or seem to be swallowing mucus in her throat? Is she eating, active, or laying eggs?

How is the area where the chickens are kept? Is there dust or mold, or any other possible allergens? Viruses can cause sneezing and rales, and so can environmental things that irritate the respiratory symptoms. If you see any bubbles or foam in one eye, or swelling around an eye or the face, MG or mycoplasma might be possible. That one can be treated with antibiotics such as Tylosin. Viruses have to run their course over several weeks.

How is the area where the chickens are kept? Is there dust or mold, or any other possible allergens? Viruses can cause sneezing and rales, and so can environmental things that irritate the respiratory symptoms. If you see any bubbles or foam in one eye, or swelling around an eye or the face, MG or mycoplasma might be possible. That one can be treated with antibiotics such as Tylosin. Viruses have to run their course over several weeks.
I see thanks. I haven't yet seen any swelling or foam in the eye until now (it's been 4 days).
as for the environment. the chicken is kept in a sort of yard in which trees there. the thing is that other chickens are there too (even long before she came). but where she sleeps is a little bit dusty, perhaps that's the issue.

Is her crop emptying overnight?
no. sorry for the late reply. I continued feeding her more vitamins and what I was previously feeding her. it seems she is now fine (no more coughing or sneezing or anything) and she's also eating fine. I guess it was a virus (like one of the fellows here suggested) and she has now overcome it. thank you all.

It is good that she is now fine. Hopefully, she will continue to get better. For your information, it may have been something environmental causing her sneezing since viruses usually take several weeks to recover from.

Back
Top Bottom