My chicken smells "yeasty"

I got a chicken in April that had a severe case of favus. I treated her with Micoseb shampoo(chlorhexidine and nystatin) and slathered her with antifungal cream. Cleaned a bunch of cheesy stuff out of her ears. Her feathers have mostly grown back except for her neck and head. The skin on her neck and head is very bumpy and has a lot of cheesy/yeasty smelling crud in the crevices of her skin. I am seriously wondering if I should wash her with vinegar to try to get rid of the yeasty smell. Sometimes when I squeeze her skin, cheesy/yeasty/waxy stuff comes out of the pores. She seems to be very greasy(I mean her feathers feel slightly greasy) but other wise she is fine. she is a happy chicken, her poops are good, she eats everything and loves snuggling on the couch with me because I don't want to put her out with the rest of the flock. She smells a little better after I shampoo her with the Micoseb; 'm wondering if something else would work better

Hello Blingchix! I wrote you a message earlier I’m regards to our chickens having the exact same issue and by the research sounds like we’ve both done the only two cases I’ve found so far and no other info than what I’ve gathered from this feed. I’m going to go ahead and get my guy started on the vetricycln shampoo. I have been giving vinegar baths with the first anyfungal shampoo you mentioned. I have that one. It started in his ears and now it’s covered and I couldn’t come up with anything but corn nuts when describing the smell but not so appetizing. Gah! But he does love his baths and hair dryer and cuddles. I’ve made him sweaters out of cozy socks and makes him purrrr. So sweet. And he is a house chicken now as well and struts and hops and seems super happy just like yours. It has left me perplexed no doubt. Thank thank you thank you I didn’t know what I was going to do!! Even after a vet visit. Was prescribed antibiotics!!? Pretty sure that makes it worse

Attachments

• EC728D3F-3D28-4D13-B89C-26D378FD3F9B.jpeg
    EC728D3F-3D28-4D13-B89C-26D378FD3F9B.jpeg
    367.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 3E6FA88D-4760-4A59-8935-699454C9DDA7.jpeg
    3E6FA88D-4760-4A59-8935-699454C9DDA7.jpeg
    457.9 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom