My chicken was skinned by my dog. Help?

Kerrie Ann

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 22, 2011
Berkley , Ma
my rescue dog got a hold of one of my girls a Rhode Island Red. He pulled out her feathers and skinned her as well. She is still alive I do not know what to do. She does not appear to have any puncture wounds. Can someone please help me because there is no skin to glue or stitch.. I'm afraid to put anything on an open wound like that in fear that I may put her in total distress. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

my rescue dog got a hold of one of my girls a Rhode Island Red. He pulled out her feathers and skinned her as well. She is still alive I do not know what to do. She does not appear to have any puncture wounds. Can someone please help me because there is no skin to glue or stitch.. I'm afraid to put anything on an open wound like that in fear that I may put her in total distress. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

How big a patch of skin is missing? Birds can heal from some pretty horrific injuries, these are pics of my turkey and an injury she sustained last summer, her whole breast was without skin and I thought there was no way she would survive, but she healed right up with first aid and antibiotics and now you can't even tell there was a wound. No punctures is a really big plus, one less infection worry.

Back
Top Bottom