My chicken won't eat anything, and she won't move or walk!

My silkie wont eat walk.. peck... seems off balance.. and actuallu seems like she cant see

This all staryed about 3 weeks ago.
I found her in the middle ofthe yard "nesting" or so i thought. Aboutan hour later she was in same apot... i went for herand it appeared something had poked her head hard enout to make itbleed. I bbied her cleaned her wound and kept her inside with me.the next few days she was not doing anythung so i syringed foodand checked her little feet deather. I fwlt that a couple feathers were irrutated and thought perhaps this os the cause of her lack of interest to move around.. very lathargic. Wont dust bath. Nothing. She pwrked up and began foraging with the others for a period
The next day again no interest. So i went to tractor sulply they said electrolites... so i started syringing electrolites and also food again... i started thing maybe she had coccidicous so i got the. Orid powder figured out the ratio and befan a 5 day regime

It seemed like she was much improved.. pecking. Foraging hanginh some quth the others

Now the week inbtween has expired so i am giving her the 2 phase ofthe treatmw t. t. She improved. Now i have waited the week inbetween and am day 2 of tge treatmet Nothing.

Today i started to think maybe she cant see. When i hold food in front of her and she goes for it.. she just pecks my fingers almost like she doesnt see the food. Then she will accidently get it and eat it up.
No spunk at all and she had tons of it before all this. The other 2 seem to be shunning her in a way. She will sit where i put her and seem quite content but i know this is not normal.

She is about 9 months old and i dont think she has started laying prior to this.. her sister is laying they hatched at same time but i dont know if they are from same stock.
Help me please
She is so sweet.

Ps
Her comb is normal in color and the thing on her pallet seems to be "seperated". at first i thoght she broke her pallet but it closed up before and only now it seems like it is opened/seperated again

2 more thing i forgot to mention.
1/ her crop seems like it is not "clogged"
2/ her little feet seem like they are cringed up.

Today my little Ezzamarelda seems to be getting worse.

Day 3 of 2nd phase (5 cc CORID / Coccidiosis treatment

5 cc Boiled egg yolk & Dannons vanilla yogurt (about a 1/1 ratio)

10 cc Save a Chick electrolytes

I just spoke to the lady we got the chicks from and she said
garlic.. thanks Dorothy for speaking with me.

1/4 crushed Garlic (medium sized clove)

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear that Ezzamarelda is sick. What makes you believe that she has coccidiosis? If she doesn't, the treatment may harm more than help. Feeding your chicken vanilla yogurt could make her sicker. It contains way, way too much sugar. Feeding your chicken unflavored, unsweetened yogurt could be beneficial. If you are able to take Ezzamarelda to a veterinarian, I think it would be beneficial.

Thank you for letting me know too much sugar in vanilla yogert. I will get plain tomorrow.
Ezzamarelda had a good day.
I wondered about the corid treatment if she didnt have coccidicus.. i couldnt find anywhere that it could be negigive should she not have it. I have to say today was ine of her better days over theast 4 weeks. I hope it continies. My breeder said garlic about a 1/4 clove. I just dont know how often..

hit.gif

I have two chickens and one of them wont move, walk, eat, or even respond to touch, please help
she is like a pet to all of us. three days ago she was eating worms that I was digging up from my garden.
she has green/yellow poop. Her name is Narca, she wont do anything but lay there. it makes no sense to me because our
other chicken is completely fine.

I have a 3 month old polish hen that is not eating or walking as of this morning. If she did walk, she walked with a limp. She would just lay down after a couple of steps. I currently have her in one of our bathrooms to keep her away from the other ones. I read some of the questions for someone who had the same issue with their chicken. Im not home at the moment to cook her comb. She hadn't pooped when I left this morning. I sat with her and held her. She ate a couple bites of grain but that was it. I don't want to lose her. The soonest this may have started would be yesterday evening. I spend a lot of time around them and didn't notice anything going on with her before we left for my daughter's soccr practice. By the time we got home the chickens were already in their coop. Does anyone have suggestions as to what I should pick up that might help her while I'm in town? I don't have any type of vitamins or anything. She has not been wormed. I tried to check her leg and didn't see any trauma or deformity. Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom