My chickens and chicks.... *IMG HEAVY*

Oh I like that. I just thought he'd go for a more... uh... masculine name than Fluffybutt. Our red rooster has been named "Big Red". I'm thinking I may have to start naming them myself, but the kids enjoy it so much. I just don't see me standing in the yard yelling for Crazy Bish, Fluffybutt, and Softypants!!! My neighbor already thinks I'm crazy since she saw me head back there to set up to hunt the coon LOL Wearing camo, had a camp chair, the gun, and a really big cup of iced tea along with some rice crispy treat snacks. (I ate part of the snacks, but actually used part as bait to get the coon to sit still long enuff to shoot him.)

Our 22 new chicks. 5 black cochin, 5 blue cochin, 2 gold laced cochin, 2 barred cochin. Plus 8 packing peanuts!
And our hen, Crazy, has gone broody on 3 or 4 more eggs and is NOT letting us get them away from her. We had to put on gloves to even try because she went crazy (or crazier than usual!) and started pecking and scratching at us. LOL We decided to let her set on them!

You might consider a large live trap, With canned cat food or tuna for bait. Then when you catch them ,just apply the final solution. Sure is easier than setting around in the dark waiting to get a good shot. Works for me.
thumbsup.gif

These are my chickens and chicks. Two grown hens, one grow rooster, and the jury's still out on the 11 chicks (though I think at least several are roos.) Gramps and Crazy B****... She's the last of the original set of chicks we got. And she is crazy but a darn good layer! (anyone know what breed gramps might be?) This is my autistic son's chicken, aptly named Blacktail. This is Al (Or Alanna depending on gender...) One of the roos in the back, and not sure what breed the whitish one in the front is. This is Feisty... not sure if its a boy or girl but it is very friendly and curious! A couple of our bantam chicks I'm interested to know what breed or mix this little guy is... the first three pics are him and his coloring, the last is what I believe is a hen of the same breed/mix. As itty bitty chicks they were all yellow with no other coloring.
I'm Clive from Chester UK I have a bantam like yours they are probably Peking which is where ll bantams chickens originate from, Coons have a different meaning over here lol

Haha My hubby is from the UK as well so I do know the meaning
big_smile.png

Here's my friend who got us started with the chickens in the first place, holding my two little runts. Then myself (in blue) holding my babies. I don't need these two little roos, but I so do NOT want to get rid of them. They are just too cute!! And they fall asleep when I'm holding them :)

We sold the extra roos,an the two barred cochin pullets, and wound up with 5 blue cochin, 4 black, one that is supposed to be black but is barred and two gold laced. One gold laced died the other night, not sure why... Just found her in the corner by their box. :( The rest are doing well and growing up quickly. Almost 6 weeks now!

Back
Top Bottom