MY CHICKENS ARE PLUCKING THEMSELVES TO DEATH

Pics
Ya know.....that coop you have now is an A frame. Maybe turn the whole thing into the coop.
I know sounds crazy but wait.....

If the floor were completely removed and the entire A was covered in wood it would be a decent size. The whole thing sitting on a base 2' tall would still give access under it for them and the now taller coop could handle a roost with headroom and ventilation.

That should not run a ton of $$$.

Cute but bad design.

Is ok but is still tiny.

This is the best of the 3 BUT those latches are not secure against raccoons. You are in town so big predators are not an issue. Raccoons however are in town. Just be aware and perhaps add a second type of latch.

I wish I could just pop up there and build you a coop.

I feel like this one is my best bet internet wise and I can add some more security for them as well!
Right I wish I had a handyman right about now lol.

Thanks for your help!!!

Ya know.....that coop you have now is an A frame. Maybe turn the whole thing into the coop.
I know sounds crazy but wait.....

If the floor were completely removed and the entire A was covered in wood it would be a decent size. The whole thing sitting on a base 2' tall would still give access under it for them and the now taller coop could handle a roost with headroom and ventilation.

That should not run a ton of $$$.

If I was handy enough this would be a great idea but I genuinely don't think I could do this lol. It's smart though

If I was handy enough this would be a great idea but I genuinely don't think I could do this lol. It's smart though

Here is what I am thinking.....
Maybe contact the rabbit hutch guy and see if he could do the mods for you.
A really effective (and cute) siding is using privacy fence pickets sideways as siding.
I did that for the roof on one of my nest boxes.
IMG_20201008_131825.jpg

This is on my tiny house. I converted my broody house into a full time coop for my 3 bantam cochins. I didn't trust the big breeds to be nice.

@gluckgluck9000 , wil you keep us informed?
Found any lice? Did you leave the saddles off?
Did you create a place for a sand-bath?
What are you planning with the coop?
What food did you give for extra proteïnes?

Hi,

I went and bought them a new coop today, I am still putting it together, it is taking forever.

I haven't found any lice, and I left the saddles on because they are still pecking their backs and have eaten away at the saddle but it still provides a little coverage from the straight pecking of the back.

I have not created a sand-bath because I am building a new coop currently

I bought them oyster shells today and put it next to their food and I also bought them and canned mackerel.

Here is what I am thinking.....
Maybe contact the rabbit hutch guy and see if he could do the mods for you.
A really effective (and cute) siding is using privacy fence pickets sideways as siding.
I did that for the roof on one of my nest boxes.
View attachment 2447391

This is on my tiny house. I converted my broody house into a full time coop for my 3 bantam cochins. I didn't trust the big breeds to be nice.

Update got a new coop today, will share when it's all together.... May have also got 2 new chickens. oops

Back
Top Bottom