My chickens are sick

angel2006

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 4, 2014
Six mile, sc
It started with sneezing watery eyes with bubbles and gurgling in their throat. This happened after a cold snap. I had used vet rx and used a suggested Tylan 50 shot. Clorox the cages and used barn Lyme after cleaning the ground. The sun came out and they all seemed better then blackberry winter hit and some are acting yucky again. Help I can't get this mess gone. I have also had a few deaths

Last edited:
images

Welcome to BYC!

So sorry about your flock. Sounds like it could be either MG or Coryza. You will need to get them on some Sulfadimethoxine or Duramycin in the water. Both of these issues are not completely curable. You can get them thru this spell, but they will remain carriers for life. And when their immune systems get low, it can come back on them.

You can also post this in our emergency section for more help with this....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Good luck and I hope you can get your flock back to good health soon.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! So sorry about the problems you are having with your flock and the birds you have lost. X2 on TwoCrows suggestion of post in the Emergencies forum for advice, I hope you are able to figure out the disease and get it under control.

If I use that in the water. Will I have to throw away the eggs? I have also been usin DE io worm. Is there something you like better that want affect eggs? Thank you both for your help
1f600.png

images

Welcome to BYC!

So sorry about your flock. Sounds like it could be either MG or Coryza. You will need to get them on some Sulfadimethoxine or Duramycin in the water. Both of these issues are not completely curable. You can get them thru this spell, but they will remain carriers for life. And when their immune systems get low, it can come back on them.

You can also post this in our emergency section for more help with this....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Good luck and I hope you can get your flock back to good health soon.

Back
Top Bottom