My chickens are so smart

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by eggsontoast, Jun 15, 2011.

1. eggsontoast

eggsontoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2010
    North Atlanta suburbs
    Last night , i put my chickens "to bed" as I do every night, but instead of hopping on their roost and going to sleep as usual, they kept on making this huge ruckus. I waited a while until my DH finally said, "WHAT is going on with them??!" When i went outside to look into their coop, they were pacing around and making all these bwaaaaaaaak, bwaaaaak, kind of "panick-y" sounds. It was then i noticed that one of my chickens (the only white one) was missing from the coop. My first fear was that something had taken her, since she's ALWAYS first in the coop at night. She ended up being stuck in the dog pen, where she'd dug a big hole and was sitting in it. She seemed kind of frozen in fear, poor thing. I'm just so glad my other girls let me know she was missing, or she would've spent the whole night outside and might have been killed by a predator.

2. stargirl

stargirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    UK
    Oh how adorable! They're so clever to let you know / tell you off! They really do look out for each other, don't they?

3. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] What awesome and smart chickens you have. They all need extra treats for their concern and alerting you. [​IMG]

4. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG]

5. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree! They need special treats! Very smart babies. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by