My chickens are trying to get inside!

lol, I have an EE that was isolated pretty much all of her chick-hood because She got picked on. I pretty much hand raised her, and now she comes into the house and if she can, she'll sit on your lap. In fact, I have her on my lap right now.

My 6 chickens started yesterday coming to look for me through the screen door. They are now having a sit in occupation in front of this screen door. I went to peek around the corner from another door when they were elsewhere and they saw me and soon enough came looking. I trained the dogs to let them alone and now the dogs were afraid to pass by the chickens. I used to leave the screen door ajar to let the dogs come in and out, but I know the flock will start trying to come in the house. I will try a squirt gun and escalate to a hose to try to extinguish this behavior since they left quite a mess in their occupation. Any other ideas welcomed.

One of my friends leaves an old doggie door open for them to come into the mud room and get out of the cold. They come and sit in the heat out of the wind and weather. Pretty Smart for a chicken I would say. Now if you have 20+ chickens I would say you have a problem.
fl.gif

Well I did it. The chickens are not trying to occupy veranda infront of the screen door. I places the broom that they don't like that I use to clean their pen and some other brooms on the two steps up to the porch they were coming up to. Then every time they came up I rattled the broom. Now Dolly my herding dog mix feels empowered to occupy the veranda where we sit. They still chase her and the chihuahua Diego around what they have established as the chicken territory.

Back
Top Bottom