My Chickens Insides Keep Coming Out

Trinnmariee

Chirping
Nov 24, 2021
Day 2 and I’ve lost 3 Broiler chickens to their insides falling out of their bums….. yesterday I lost 2 and today I lost 1.

I googled and saw “Prolapse Vent”

But could something be ripping their insides out?! Because we discovered a new hole dug under their coop yesterday… covered it and its back again. No bite marks, just their insides hanging out. This is super strange and I’ve NEVER out of my 7 years having chickens have I ever had this happen before…. Is this normal with Broilers?

Another thing, I just started mixing the barred rocks with the broilers…. Could the barred rocks be causing this?

Last edited:
Day 2 and I’ve lost 3 Broiler chickens to their insides falling out of their bums….. yesterday I lost 2 and today I lost 1.

I googled and saw “Prolapse Vent”

But could something be ripping their insides out?! Because we discovered a new hole dug under their coop yesterday… covered it and its back again. No bite marks, just their insides hanging out. This is super strange and I’ve NEVER out of my 7 years having chickens have I ever had this happen before…. Is this normal with Broilers?

Another thing, I just started mixing the barred rocks with the broilers…. Could the barred rocks be causing this?
Pictures of the birds are always helpful.

I almost want to say it is rats doing this...

Other chickens can be doing this too, though depending on their living situation, it shouldn't be a problem.

I almost want to say it is rats doing this...

Other chickens can be doing this too, though depending on their living situation, it shouldn't be a problem.
The hole is small like a rat hole!!! But it’s so new. Their coop is new, my husband just built it for them. I may have a picture. What makes rats pull their insides out?!?!?! 😭 this is so random. They were all just fine then all of a sudden I lose 3.

Can we see pictures of the wounds and your coop? Sorry you're going through this.
I’ll have husband get pictures in the morning (I have a weak stomach 😩), but he picked the last one up for the night. He said it looks like their intestines just fell out.

I may have a picture of the coop though! I’ll see if I still have it!

It looks just like the black painted one.

The other picture is what it looked like while we were building it, but to give y’all an idea… this is their coop.

Attachments

• IMG_7381.jpeg
    IMG_7381.jpeg
    697.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7380.jpeg
    IMG_7380.jpeg
    772.4 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom