My chickens like macaroni and cheese

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by dogdollar, Jul 10, 2010.

1. dogdollar

dogdollar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    I love the Stouffer's frozen mac and cheese, and I always get the large size because, for some reason, my local grocery sells it for the exact same price as the smaller size. More often than not, i have some left over, and the chookies really like eating it....I'm talking about maybe a cup for ten chickens. Anyone see anything wrong with that?
    DD

2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Not at that ratio, I'm sure they love it.

3. SmittenChicken

SmittenChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Well, chickens are omnivores like we are, so theoretically if you're fine with eating it your chickens would be too (except for a few things, like avocadoes).

Personally, I try to steer clear of the processed stuff and so my chickens do too - I feel it makes for healthier eggs. Plus, chickens really shouldn't have a lot of salt, especially when it's hot out. But a little frozen mac & cheese probably won't kill your chickens, they do fine with much worse. I have read posts about chickens eating styrofoam peanuts and dead cats! [​IMG]

4. dparadise

dparadise Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2010
    southwest Florida
    Mine love the macaroni and cheese also, anything with pasta is fair game for them. I give them the ramen noodles as a treat and they love it. I don't put the little pack of seasoning in, just boil the noodles.

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Mine go crazy over mac and cheese.

6. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Our love mac& cheese but they dont get it often cause DDs love it to!

7. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    I love mac and cheese and so do my chickens..but they don't get it too often because it's my great grandmother's recipe and it is usually gone when I make it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by