My chickens LOVE cantaloupe!

Dragonfly Ranch

Songster
10 Years
May 13, 2009
Happy Valley, CA
Have been eating a lot of cantaloupe and have been giving the girls the rinds and seeds. I usually have the "snacks" in a samll plastic bag to carry them down to coop. My one Light Brahma (Laverne) jumps up for the bag as soon as I walk into the coop. When I give it to them, she in is right there getting the biggest piece she can find, runs off to the corner to eat on her own. First time with chickens and they are just out right fun!
lol.png

You are 100% right they are FUN!!!

Mine love watermelon. My MIL eats a couple a week and she saves all the rinds for my birds. She always leaves a generous portion of pulp just for them! She is the best MIL ever!!

I am sorry that I did not plant watermelon and cantaloupe for the girls. they love it. with all the rain we are getting this year they would have done well.

This is true-I posted that mine love both, but man, it's true, if you think they love canteloupe, throw out a watermelon rind...it's like sharks on a big piece of meat! haha...
gig.gif

Mine LOVE watermelon but I put some cantaloupe out for them yesterday and it's still there. They've taken a few bites but haven't finished it. I guess I spoiled them on the watermelon
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom