My "Chickens"

The Chicken Lady

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Apr 21, 2008
West Michigan
Just because I don't have a coop, doesn't mean my house isn't filled with chickens.

DH is sweet to tolerate my collection. Here are some pics for your enjoyment.

This is in my kitchen...
100_1062.jpg

100_1061.jpg

100_1055.jpg

100_1054.jpg

There is an antique purse with a chicken on it in the background. I think it is from the 50s or 60s.
100_1058.jpg

My cookie jar...
100_1059.jpg

My shadow box (barn-shaped)...
100_1060.jpg

Above the kitchen sink...
100_1065.jpg

100_1066.jpg

The deck...
100_1067.jpg

100_1068.jpg

This is probably only about half of the collection. I have chicken plates, dessert plates, glasses, mugs, and silverware. I also have a rooster-shaped soap dish, a rooster-shaped Tiffany-style lamp, and many other chicken items.
big_smile.png

Very nice...I hope you have folks that would love the collection handed down! It's priceless and I'm glad you are proud of it!

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

bigzio

Thanks! It will be years and years before it is handed down to anyone. I'm only 26, but have been collecting "chicken stuff" since fifth grade when I first became obsessed with chickens (I was an odd child but of course you understand
smile.png
).

Some of the more awesome objects include a chicken carved out of coal, antique chicken-themed Easter postcards, a printing press block with a chicken image on it, and a chicken-shaped basket made entirely from tiny pieces of paper. I had to cut back from collecting everything chicken-themed in sight, and now I just go for the hen on nest dishes.

Nice looking collection. What kind of wine is that with the chicken on the label? My father-in-law has chickens and a wine collection.

Back
Top Bottom