My chicks are coming out of the egg covered in dried yoke that looks black

Serami

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2023
So I have Ayam cemani chickens. The first time this happened we assumed that maybe the yoke just dried too fast or that we left the chick in there for too long when trying to hatch. This second time though was much worse then the first because he had the egg shell still attached to him. Been alive two days trying to get said egg shell off of him without too much damage. We had no idea why this is happening. If anyone knows please inform on how to fix this problem. Also these eggs were incubated in the same incubator. The last three that hatched before this one did not have the same problem. Any information would be welcomed.

Attachments

• IMG_9498.jpeg
    IMG_9498.jpeg
    671.6 KB · Views: 28
Welcome!
What are you keeping your humidity at in your incubator?

Can you shine a flashlight on this chick to get a little bit extra light and get another picture?

Welcome!
What are you keeping your humidity at in your incubator?

Can you shine a flashlight on this chick to get a little bit extra light and get another picture?
Humidity is at 47% and temp is 100.7

Attachments

• IMG_9500.jpeg
    IMG_9500.jpeg
    376.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9501.jpeg
    IMG_9501.jpeg
    390.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9502.jpeg
    IMG_9502.jpeg
    519.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9503.jpeg
    IMG_9503.jpeg
    398.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9504.jpeg
    IMG_9504.jpeg
    393.4 KB · Views: 9
For anyone reading this the chick has died. I did everything I could to keep him alive. I introduced him to water and food but he refused to eat or drink anything. I had separated him two days ago because he seemed to be getting worse. In the end he died. I looked at some other websites and it said that this could have happened because of not cleaning the incubator. So I started cleaning the incubator and I will be doing so every other batch of eggs that we have. Thanks to those that tried to help.

Back
Top Bottom