My chicks are four weeks, are they ready?

Pics

Ilovechickies143324

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2019
I plan to put them out in the coop, but currently they still have baby feathers on their stomach, butt area and head, do you think theyre able to go outside? I live in a warm enviroment, so theres no way except at night they could be cold

My chicks are 14 days old today and have been in the coop brooder since Saturday. Lower 30's at night and upper 50's during the day. They do well out there with the mama heat pad. I'll be integrating them with the big girls at 3 - 4 weeks old.
coop brooder 2019.jpg

Are your chicks off of all heat?
What is the temperature in the room you are keeping them?
Do you currently have chickens in the coop?
Where is your warm environment?
If you add your general location to your profile, it will be under your avatar, so we won't have to keep asking you. A lot of questions are answered according to your weather.

4 weeks is fine outside unless it's really chilly but you do need to acclimate them to outdoor temperatures if they've been inside a temperature controlled environment all this time.
How long does it take to acclimate? Mine are three weeks old.. they have been inside and it’s pretty warm in there.. I put them out to play on warmer days and they seem to get chilled fairly quickly.. I was gonna put them out tomorrow but put the heat light where they can warm up if needed.. also, have been turning the light off at times during the day..

Back
Top Bottom