My chicks are getting ill and has some kind of infectious disease

Akif

Chirping
Jan 22, 2020
Hello everyone one, need some guidance i have hatched chicks who started getting ill and has some kind of spreading infection where chicks looks short of breath opening their beaks as if they are having air hunger and closing their eyes and dies in 1 day or so video attached please help

Age is around from 7 days to a month
No vaccination done

Hello everyone one, need some guidance i have hatched chicks who started getting ill and has some kind of spreading infection where chicks looks short of breath opening their beaks as if they are having air hunger and closing their eyes and dies in 1 day or so video attached please help

Age is around from 7 days to a month
No vaccination done
Your video is not showing up.
Can you upload it to youtube and provide a link?
What country or state do you live in?
Do you have access to vet care?
Any other symptoms - pus or bubbles in the eyes, mucous, canker or lesions inside the beak?
What does the poop look like?

I'm very sorry that your chicks are not well.
Hard to know what's happening with them could be respiratory disease.
Have you treated them with anything, if so what have you given/tried?

I'm giving the some prednisolone / Septran ds and asprin.
Woah, stop with all that...

Check for pasty butt. Clean any stuck on droppings that might be blocking them from pooing.

Also listen to their breath... is it sound like air moving or kind crackling?

Where did they come from and what are they eating, including drinks and supplements? Are you ion the US, or where?

:fl

ETA: that looks more like accidental aspiration or organ failure (from not connecting with food, but not really the way they are standing up) causing the gasping for air... more than infection, at least what could see.

Sorry about the illness. Do you have other poultry or chickens? Do they seem to be eating the bedding or having a large hard crop? The gasping might be a respiratory disease or something related to infection from the incubator or eggs themselves, or dampness of the bedding. Your location would be helpful since certain respiratory viruses are more common in certain countries. I would stop the aspirin for sure, since it can cause intestinal bleeding with use more than 3 days or with too much. Are you getting some veterinary advice for the medications?

Back
Top Bottom