my chicks are growing out of their tank too fast

marvun22

Songster
7 Years
Jul 8, 2012
North Dakota
they are getting way too big for their stock tank brooder. the problem is they cant go outside as outside at the warmest point is 15 degrees too cold. will this plan work. their temperature this week is 60 degrees. my greenhouse gets at its coldest point 40 degrees. i could leave them in their at night with a heatlamp.

they are getting way too big for their stock tank brooder. the problem is they cant go outside as outside at the warmest point is 15 degrees too cold. will this plan work. their temperature this week is 60 degrees. my greenhouse gets at its coldest point 40 degrees. i could leave them in their at night with a heatlamp.

you could set the heat lamp outside in the coop

I put my chicks outside at 4 weeks old with no heat lamp. The first night that they were outside, it was around 25 degrees outside. I haven't lost a single one. In my case, I had 17 white leghorn chicks in a 110 gallon stock tank. Keeping them inside longer wasn't an option. I think that keeping them inside until they are 6-8 weeks old is overkill as long as the coop they are going to is draft free.

Back
Top Bottom