MY CHICKS ARE MAKING SOME CRACKING AND SIZZLING NOISES!!!

CRH

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2020
Help guys

my baby chicks who are about 1 week ild are making some sizzling/crackling noises. We can’t tell if it’s from their chest or vent area. We had 1 chick die today unexpectedly… all the chicks are making these noises. Has anyone ever had this happened to them? I keep seeing all these post about how people Are going through the same thing but no one’s has answers… the problem is now 1 of my chicks are dead and I need to figure out what’s going on before I lose all of them ):

they were all incubated, have food and water, & active.
PLEASEEE HELP

We need more info.
Diet.
Temperatures.
Bedding type.
Etc
It was just paper towels on the bottom.. I’ve been giving them regular chick food nothing to serious… I’ve never incubated but could it be because of the humidity and there lungs are backed up?? I’ve seen so many people post about this and no one has answers…

What is the temp in the area you have them in?
Did you give them anything directly to the beak...did you dip their beaks in water? Give them drops of water?
It’s a little cold in here but we have a heat lamp. I lowered it down more to the ground and covered there metal bin with a blanket to absorb the heat some more

It’s a little cold in here but we have a heat lamp. I lowered it down more to the ground and covered there metal bin with a blanket to absorb the heat some more
They are eating and drinking fine… just all of them have some sizzling and crackling noises?? They are all silkies..

Back
Top Bottom