My chicks are really weird - or are they?

lbartsch

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 3, 2011
I really want to give my chicks a little treat now and then. But everything I try they don't seem to like? I've tried scrambled eggs, watermelon, bread, strawberries, lettuce, and more. I've tried tiny pieces, big pieces, in a dish, out of my hand and whatever. The only thing they seem to like is grass. They'll eat that out of my hand anytime. Are they weird or am I doing something wrong? They are about 6 weeks old now. Thanks in advance for the advice!
hu.gif

Thanks for that reply. So I just need to be patient. Hmmm. That is a life long refrain.

Have you tried the dried meal worms.
big_smile.png
My little chicks love them!
wee.gif
They always eat them but I just give them a few at a time.
clap.gif

Oh yeah
welcome-byc.gif

I haven't tried dried meal worms but maybe I'll get some at the pet supply today. Was going there anyway to get crickets for the frog. Thanks!

When folks say be patient it really means your trying gett them to do the treat thing way to early. It has been my experience that folks try and give treats to early more for their human pleasure than the chick's, they will eat what they want when their ready they just don't know yet because they are too young and your forcing them into something too early. Plain and simple JMO

Hello! I do think at a certain age, when chicks are younger, they are afraid of new things.....even food! But as they get older, they will try anything! LOL

Back
Top Bottom