My chicks first egg

Elana DeBolt

Songster
5 Years
May 27, 2017
Arkansas
My RIR X LB is 21 weeks and 4 days old today, her name is Blair, and she laied her first today. It don't have a yoke but I still consider it her first egg, I'm SO PROUD OF HER:)!! Here is a pic of her and a pic of her egg vs a large store egg vs one of my leghorns eggs, its labled other
IMG_20171103_103238.jpg

^This pic is a few weeks old
IMG_20171207_190630.jpg

Pullet eggs will be smaller for a while until she gets into full production. No worries. Pretty hen.

Pullet eggs are from chickens who are just getting the hang of laying eggs. They are noticeably smaller than regular eggs and can even occasionally be quite tiny as the hens work out their learning curve. Some small eggs do come from miniature hens, but likely the ones you would find at the farmers' markets are pullet eggs.

Pullet eggs from your local farm are delicious and are often snatched up by pastry chefs-in-the-know for their richness. Some say that the yolks are bigger, or that they are almost all yolk.

Last edited:
Congratulations on getting that 1st egg from your girl :thumbsup
Thanks:)She gave me two more, so over 4 days she has laid 3 eggs, I though there would be a time lapse of a week or two between the first egg and the second egg but it was only one day. I can't wait tell my other two chickens start laying:)

Back
Top Bottom