My chicks have lumps on their right shoulder blades and I’m not sure what to do

Granny Gwenda

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2021
A day ago I got three chicks. I’m still extremely new to keeping chicks so I’m not sure what to do. I don’t know they’re age or their breed but I’ve started noticing a bald spot on their shoulder blades and I’m getting slightly worried. One of them seems to have what looks like a cut? I’m not sure but I’m very nervous. They’ve become less active and have been sleeping a lot too. I’d really appreciate any and all help! Sorry if I made this too long. Here are some photos of the lumps I’m talking about.

Attachments

• E9B78085-98AB-4774-BAF8-575FE25D8E1B.jpeg
    E9B78085-98AB-4774-BAF8-575FE25D8E1B.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 02F55AC7-BE6F-40AB-98E7-9124A5C1CED6.jpeg
    02F55AC7-BE6F-40AB-98E7-9124A5C1CED6.jpeg
    394.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 00908623-B8DE-4147-81A7-ED52A4E9E828.jpeg
    00908623-B8DE-4147-81A7-ED52A4E9E828.jpeg
    431.6 KB · Views: 30
  • E465D0C2-1DA5-492D-89BA-936C9D2D1C53.jpeg
    E465D0C2-1DA5-492D-89BA-936C9D2D1C53.jpeg
    363.4 KB · Views: 28
Hmmmm, strange. They could be picking at eachother?? Or lying on eachother when they sleep?? I haven't seen this in my chicks so it is quite strange. I would suggest keeping them warm and making sure they are eating and drinking

A day ago I got three chicks. I’m still extremely new to keeping chicks so I’m not sure what to do. I don’t know they’re age or their breed but I’ve started noticing a bald spot on their shoulder blades and I’m getting slightly worried. One of them seems to have what looks like a cut? I’m not sure but I’m very nervous. They’ve become less active and have been sleeping a lot too. I’d really appreciate any and all help! Sorry if I made this too long. Here are some photos of
Hmmmm, strange. They could be picking at eachother?? Or lying on eachother when they sleep?? I haven't seen this in my chicks so it is quite strange. I would suggest keeping them warm and making sure they are eating and
Hmmmm, strange. They could be picking at eachother?? Or lying on eachother when they sleep?? I haven't seen this in my chicks so it is quite strange. I would suggest keeping them warm and making sure they are eating and drinking
Thanks for letting me know your thoughts, I’ve been getting really anxious, I have been keeping them warm and making sure that they are eating and drinking, but I’m slightly worried I’m over feeding them. Maybe they might be pecking at each other and sleeping on top of each other, but I’m not too sure.

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts, I’ve been getting really anxious, I have been keeping them warm and making sure that they are eating and drinking, but I’m slightly worried I’m over feeding them. Maybe they might be pecking at each other and sleeping on top of each other, but I’m not too sure.
The more food the better, they will only eat until they are full, this should keep them happy and healthy. Just keep an eye on them over the next couple of days and see how they go

It seems like the crop is full, nothing to worry about. Always provide free choice feed and water, unless they're Cornish crosses it's unlikely that they'll overfed. If they are less active keep one eye on them, maybe they just settled down after their arrive and now they're calm and quiet.

It seems like the crop is full, nothing to worry about. Always provide free choice feed and water, unless they're Cornish crosses it's unlikely that they'll overfed. If they are less active keep one eye on them, maybe they just settled down after their arrive and now they're calm and quiet.
Okay, thanks a lot. :)

Back
Top Bottom